TERA® Category 7AStructured Network Cabling
- Shielded 10Gb/s and Beyond
- Bandwidth of 1.2 GHz Per Pair
- Cable Sharing & Security Capabilities
Exceeding ISO/IEC category 7A/class FA specifications, Siemon's fully shielded TERA end-to-end cabling solution is the highest-performing twisted-pair copper cabling system available.
- 3rd Party Tested to verify end-to-end TERA system with new category 8.2 cable exceeds draft class II requirements of ISO/IEC 11801-1 to meet future 25/40GBASE-T applications.
View report [PDF].
- Performance to 10Gb/s and beyond, far exceeding all performance requirements for 10GBASE-T.
- Cable sharing - Shielded design and 1-, 2- and 4-pair outlet and plug modularity allow the simultaneous support of multiple applications over a single cable, administered in a single outlet.
- Bandwidth of 1.2 GHz per pair, twice the category 7/class F specifications and the highest of any available copper system.
- Future-proof performance and flexibility make TERA ideal for data centers, healthcare imaging and financial applications.
- Validated for TEMPEST high-security government applications.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How does LAN cabling integrate with BAS devices in a converged network? What is zoned cabling? Do Standards allow cable sharing? Is PoE compatible with cable sharing?
- Frequently Asked Questions about LAN Cabling and Cable Sharing in Converged Networks
- TERA Related White Papers
- Cable sharing - A Unique, Innovative Category 7A Application »Read
- De-Mystifying Cabling Specifications From 5e to 7A »Read
- Screened and Shielded Cabling - Noise Immunity, Grounding, and the Antenna Myth »Read
- Cabling Lifecycles and Total Cost of Ownership »Read
- Cable Sharing in Commercial Building Environments »Read
- Government Levels of Security Enhanced with TERA Cabling System »Read
- TERA® and Call Center Applications »Read
- TERA Videos
- TERA Outlet Termination Demonstration
- Screened and Shielded Cabling - Noise Immunity, Grounding, and the Antenna Myth
Siemon's TERA cabling solution is backed by Siemon's exclusive 20-year warranty, providing 100% coverage of products, cabling performance and applications, when installed by a Siemon Certified Installer. The TERA cabling solution is guaranteed to provide transmission performance that meets the industry standards for category 7/Class F parameters based upon 100 Ω fully shielded (S/FTP) copper cabling.